WordPress is simply incredible! One aspect that differentiates it from other CMS’s (content management systems) is to simply install a plugin that can offer greater functionality and can improve the appearance of your website. With over 30,000 plugins and counting, WordPress allows users to completely customize their websites to their greatest imaginations. With so many to choose from, it can seem like a bit of a daunting task to find the ones that are right for you. In this article I will show you the 4 Best WordPress Plugins To Improve Your Website right out of the gate.
1. Yoast SEO
Previously known as WordPress SEO by Yoast, this plugin is one of the best free options to walk you through the process of optimizing your website for search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.). With how much traffic that comes from search engines, it is crucial for any site to be as search friendly as possible. Here are some of the key features of this plugin:
- Set Focus Keywords: Yoast informs you whether you are using your keyword too much, too little and where to place it in your text.
- Titles and Meta Descriptions: With Yoast’s Snippet Editor, you can edit the title and meta descriptions of every one of your posts and pages. Giving you total control of how your website appears in search engines.
- Visual Feedback: With its color oriented system, Yoast indicates when your page or post is fully optimized.
Though there is a premium option of Yoast that offers more features, the free version is the best SEO optimizer that I have used in WordPress.
This “One-Stop-Shop” of the Google suite is a must for any WordPress website! In this plugin you can monitor the following:
- Search Console: You can check the indexing status of your website and optimize it’s visibility on Google.
- Analytics: This is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic.
- AdSense: Allows you to place ads on your website for revenue.
- Speed & Experience: Tests your website on the basis of speed and overall experience.
All of these features are combined into one plugin and the best part is…they’re all free!
When writing your first blog posts, you might have noticed that WordPress only offers a select few fonts to choose from. This simply, will not do!. Luckily, this plugin is a fantastic resource from one of the best font libraries in the game!
The Google Directory has hundreds of different font families that can add a personal touch to your website.
If you want to improve your WordPress website, overall performance is a must! This plugin improves performance by reducing download times, providing a transparent CDN (content delivery network) and increases server performance. Here are some other features W3 Total Cache provides:
- Improved conversions will increase your Google rankings
- 10x site performance improvement
- High traffic sustainability
- Lowers bounce rates due to load times